ZOLL Adult CPR-D Pads, with CPR Feedback
* ZOLL CPR-D Pads are compatible with the ZOLL AED Plus and AED Pro Models
The ZOLL AED CPR-D Padz (AED Pads) is a unique one-piece, pre-connected electrode design that simplifies electrode placement by using the CPR hand placement landmark (the sternum) as the key placement cue. The design of the ZOLL AED CPR-D Pads meets the characteristics of 99% of human chest anatomy and for the other 1% of the population or anatomical variations that require special placement adaptation; a special feature of the ZOLL AED CPR-D Padz (AED Pads) allows the user to separate the apex electrode.
Along with the simplified one-piece design, the ZOLL AED pads (CPR-D) offer Real CPR Help. Since failure to adequately compress a victim's chest is a common error during CPR, technology in the ZOLL CPR-D Padz (AED Pads) accurately measures CPR compression, and converts the motion of the accelerometer over time into distance moved. The ZOLL AED Plus then converts the compression data from the ZOLL CPR-D Padz (AED Pads) and instantaneously provides an adaptive metronome to help the user with proper rate and depth.
NOTE: ZOLL AED Pads (CPR-D Pads) have a 5 year shelf life. ZOLL batteries should be replaced every 5 years. It is a good idea to replace the batteries in your ZOLL AED Plus at the same time you replace your ZOLL CPR-D AED pads. Click here for ZOLL AED Plus batteries
ZOLL AED CPR-D Padz Product Specifications
||ZOLL CPR-D Padz|
||Multi layer foil laminate pouch|
||36 in (91 cm)|
||Folded Length: 7.6 in (19.4 cm)|
Folded width: 7.0 in (17.8 cm)
Folded height: 1.5 in (3.8 cm)
||Meets applicable requirements of ANSI/AAMI/ISO DF-39-1993|
Applying ZOLL CPR-D AED Pads
- Unique one-piece design
- Easy to set up: provides all accessories required for rescue session.
- Maximizes proper placement with fast "release and press" liners.
- Virtually impossible for rescuer to get confused
- Not available on any other AED - world's first AED to offer this feature.
- Integrates important CPR skills to help rescuer through all aspects of a rescue.
Prepare the patient before attaching the electrodes.
To apply the electrodes:
- Remove all clothing covering the patient's chest.
- Ensure the patient's chest is dry.
- If the patient has excessive chest hair, clip or shave the hair to help ensure proper adhesion of the electrodes.
- Tear open the electrode package and unfold the electrodes. Place the electrodes on the patient according to the graphics on the package.
- Hold the CPR sensor and place the sensor between the nipples and on the middle of the patient's breastbone, using the sensor's cross hairs to guide you.
- Press the CPR Sensor with your right hand and pull the number 2 tab to peel the protective backing from the electrode. Press the electrode from the center out to make sure it adheres properly to the patient's skin. (bottom middle image)
- Press the CPR Sensor with your left hand and pull the number 3 tab to peel the protective backing from the electrode. Press the electrode from the center out to make sure it adheres properly to the patient's skin. (bottom right image)
Note: If the patient is large or there is a need to place the electrode under a breast, you may need to tear away the lower pad at the perforated line and extend the pad. Place the pad slightly to the patient's left and below the patient's left breast.
Note: If the patient has an implanted pacemaker or defibrillator in the upper right chest, angle the electrodes slightly to avoid placing the electrodes over either device. Make certain that the CPR sensor maintains a position over the lower half of the breastbone.
Real CPR Help
Inadequate compression rate and depth are common during CPR. Adult victims need compressions at a rate of 100 per minute and at a depth of 1 1/2 to 2 inches. Compressions must be done well to effectively move blood and oxygen.
The ZOLL AED Plus converts compression data instantaneously from the CPR-D Padz and provides an adaptive metronome to help the rescuer with the proper rate and depth, saying "Push harder" or "Good compressions," as needed. It also shows CPR compression depth on the display screen. ZOLL's AED Plus is the only AED that helps the rescuer achieve the correct rate and depth of chest compressions during CPR. No other AED has this capability.
ZOLL AED Plus One-Piece CPR-D electrode pads